https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png 0 0 vivriwebdesign https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png vivriwebdesign2016-09-26 17:04:542016-09-26 17:04:54Chewy Granola Bars
- 120 grams (1 1/2 cups) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped roughly
- 2 medjool dates, chopped roughly
- 2 T dried berries of choice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (can substitute for any light flavoured oil)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mix up the rolled oats, raisins, almonds, dates and dried berries. Add in the sesame seeds, sea salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave proof bowl, mix the brown rice syrup and coconut oil until well combined. Drop the coconut oil in it and break apart as much as possible.
- Heat in the microwave until melted (time depending on your microwave- for me it was 1.5 minutes)
- Remove from microwave and pour the liquid over the dry mixture and ensure it is very well combined
Grease a cake tin/baking tray or line with parchment paper. Press the mixture into it and refrigerate immediately. Allow granola bars to set before cutting bars into 6 pieces.