vivriwebdesign https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png vivriwebdesign2016-10-04 19:24:192016-10-04 19:24:19Lettuce tacos with chipotle chicken
- 400g of skinless chicken breast, cut into fairly thin strips.
- Splash of olive oil extra-virgin.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced.
- 400g tin of tomatoes (whole or chopped).
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped chipotle in adobo sauce (or substitute with finely chopped pickled jalapeno chillis and a pinch of dried chilli flakes).
- 1/2 tsp cumin.
- Pinch of Stevia and salt and pepper to season.
- Lettuce leaves to make your tacos (Butter lettuce or baby gem lettuce).
- Fresh coriander leaves.
- Sliced pickled jalapeno chillies.
- Slices of avocado or make a guacamole.
- Fresh tomatoes and slices of spring onion to make a rustic salsa, tossed these together with lots of salt and pepper.
- Lime wedges to spritz.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and quickly fry your chicken pieces until they turn golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add another small splash of olive oil and fry your onion until it softens.
- Add your tomatoes, cumin, sugar and chipotle and simmer for around 15 – 25 minutes until the tomato sauce starts to thicken around the edges of the pan.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble all the elements to make your tacos in separate bowls and serve so that every one can make up their own.
- I like to give the chicken a good spritz of lime juice. This freshens things up and amplifies the flavours.