vivriwebdesign https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png vivriwebdesign2017-11-23 13:51:312017-11-23 13:51:31Southwestern Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin.
- 1 large chicken breast (about 1 lb), sliced in half horizontally.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- Salt, to taste.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped.
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped.
- 1 avocado (optional).
- 4 greens onions, chopped.
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed an drained.
- 1 cup corn.
Ranch dressing mix:
- 1/4 cup black pepper.
- 1 1/2 cup parsley flakes.
- 1/2 cup garlic salt.
- 2 Tbsp salt.
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic.
- 3/4 granulated onion.
- 2 Tbsp dill weed.
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch mix.
- 2 cups greek yogurt, unsweetened.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Generously season the chicken breasts with salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat until hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken breast, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the skillet from the heat, cover with lid, and let the chicken sit, off heat (it will continue cooking off heat) until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 10-15 minutes. Slice the cooked chicken into stripes or cubes. Set aside.
Assembling the salad:
- Make sure lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions are all finely chopped. Rinse and drain canned black beans. Add all salad ingredients with the corn, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder to a large bowl and toss with the desired amount of your favorite dressing (we recommend ranch). Top each salad serving (4) with cooked chicken (cubed or sliced into stripes).
- Bon appetite!