0 0 vivriwebdesign https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png vivriwebdesign2016-10-01 00:33:012016-10-01 00:33:01Chili-lime mango marinated chicken bowl
Ingredients (6-8 serves, 270 calories):
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast.
- 1 mango (peeled) and extra for bowls if desired.
- 2 tbsp chili sauce or sriracha.
- 1 tbsp lime juice.
- 1/4 cup bee honey.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp to 1tsp minced garlic.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallot (and some for garnish bowl after).
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra-virgin.
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice.
- Toppings to garnish – Chili pepper, cilantro, crushed black pepper/sea salt
- EXTRAS FOR THE BOWL: 1 cup whole grain rice or cauliflower rice, mango, red onion slices, and any extra sauce!
- Peel and cube your mango. Cut more or keep extra for your bowl if desired.
- Blend everything together in a blender except your toppings/garnish (the chili pepper flakes and cilantro). It should be a nice orange or tropical color.
- Wash your chicken and cut off any extra skin. Place in dish or ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and let it marinade in fridge for at little as 2 hrs or up to 24 hrs.
- Remove marinated chicken from fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425F or Grill at medium high.
- Place chicken in baking dish and add extra marinade on top.
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes then broil the last minute to make it a little crispy.
- If grilling, place in foil and add marinade on top. Grill for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove and serve sliced. In serving in the bowl, just add 1/2 cup to 1 cup rice, red onion slices, and cubed mango.
- Squeeze any extra lime juice on top and garnish with extra chili flakes, chopped cilantro, and pepper/sea salt if desired.