0 0 vivriwebdesign https://vivri.site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LOGO12.png vivriwebdesign2016-08-09 21:50:582016-08-09 21:50:58Sprouted lentil rice burgers with portobello buns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Large portobello mushrooms, amount depending on how many burgers you are going to serve right away
- 1 cup cooked sprouted brown rice
- 1 cup cooked sprouted green lentils
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 big handful sprouts, washed and patted dry, then shredded by hand
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3 radishes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Homemade mustard
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp chili powderHomemade mustard
- Avocado slices
- Preheat to 355°F and a spray a sheet of baking paper.
- Lay your mushrooms, stems cut, with the cut-stem side down and bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10.
- Meanwhile, blend together your spinach, radishes, and parsley in a food processor, until broken down.
- Add the rice, lentils, and spices and blend until mashed together (but not totally smooth).
- Add chickpea flour and pulse to combine.
- Set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes while the mushrooms bake.
- Once the mushrooms are done, transfer them to a covered dish and quickly form the patties by hand — make sure they’re not too flimsy and tuck in any bits that stick out when flattened slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip, and bake another 10-15 minutes, until crisp.
- Serve with lettuce, homemade mustard, and avocado slices between the Portobello mushrooms.